Enjoy the music of one of the big band era’s most popular and enduring vocal groups, The King Sisters. Donna, Yvonne, Luise and Alyce took their stage name from their father, vocal trainer Daddy King Driggs. Along with their mother and a family friend they formed the Six King Sisters, and first attracted national attention while playing with the Horace Heidt Band in 1935. The 22 tracks in this collection date to The King Sisters tenure on Horace Heidt’s radio series.
1. Hot Lips
2. Gumbay Drums (vocal by Yvonne King)
3. It’s the Natural Thing to Do [ Listen ]
4. Oh, Marie — Oh, Marie
5. Little Heaven of the Seven Seas
6. Mama, That Moon is Here Again (vocal by The King Sisters & Charles Goodwin)
7. Shenanigans (vocal by Yvonne King)
8. Half Moon on the Hudson
9. The History of Sweet Song (Stompin’ at the Savoy)
10. How’dja Like to Love Me?
11. Heigh-ho! (The Dwarfs’ Marching Song)
12. Dardanella (vocal by Four Kings & Four Jacks)
13. (Do Ye Ken) John Peel (vocal by Four Kings & Four Jacks)
14. Who Do You Think I Saw Last Night?
15. Sugar Blues [ Listen ]
16. Ridin’ to Glory on a Trumpet
17. When They Played the Polka (vocal by Charles Goodwin & The Kings)
18. Ferdinand the Bull (vocal by The Three Kings & Red Farrington)
19. There’s a Brand New Picture in My Picture Frame
20. Juliana (vocal by Charles Goodwin & The Three Kings)
21. Tu-Li Tulip Time (vocal by Lysbeth Hughes, Larry Cotton & The Three Kings) [ Listen ]
22. This May Be the Night